Monday 21 July 2014

Dishes, fruit flies and a baptism!

Hey everyone! This week was a busy one! We were so blessed! We were able to find two more families to teach. A Muslim family and an African family! It is so exciting to be able to teach so many different types of people!  I was even able to use my French with the African family! It was so great! Although i'm a little rusty haha the oldest son wasn't shy about letting me know that hahah time to practice! I got a French Book of Mormon that I have been reading! It's amazing! Oh and we are trying to learn Spanish! We contact many people who speak spanish so we decided ..hey! why not learn it?! haha We almost have the first vision memorized! It's so fun!

The busier we get.. the more our apartment gets nasty dirty haha that is our goal this week. To keep the apartment CLEAN! Which is hard haha we just get too excited about our plans that we forget to clean up after we eat and dishes... oh I do not like dishes haha but we are working on it! I have to put all those things my momma taught me into action! haha. But along with a messy kitchen.. comes a BILLION fruit flies!!!! Oh my goodnes we moved a dish that was in the sink and well.. a giant cloud of mini devils flew up. gross.But no worries!! It's P-day! So we clean up and one of our investigators gave us some apple cider vinegar haha it's on!!!

I think the most exciting thing that happened this week was... the baptism!!! Our investigator Kate got baptized!! Although I didn't do too much to contribute to it haha she already had her date set and was solid when I came into the area. It was more of a tender mercy that I was able to be here to witness it! Her husband left the church for years then came back and slowly the kids got baptized and she was the last one. She had many questions and concerns but she came such a long way. She is amazing. The baptism was at their family farm. All her in-laws are members so you better believe it was HUGE! Her husband baptized her in the pond, her children sang, the sun set, so much good food! It was incredible. I am so blessed to have experienced that. Kate is truly amazing. She glows. She is so strong and kind. We are so happy that we can finally take her to lessons with us hahaha she is the best! oh i love her so much!!! It was beautiful. Her sister-in-law came up to us (all the sister who have taught kate) and thanked us for going on missions. She said if nothing else happens.. this moment would be enough. We helped bring a family together who in a year, can be sealed for eternity. Wow. This is why we go on missions. We go so we can be tools in the Lords hands and witness these miracles. Im so happy. I love you all so much!

love,
Sister Heinzlmeir


Sometimes this happens...

 

 Navy (Kate's son) doing my hair! he said he wanted to make me look like princess Elsa .. did it work?
Smoothies in the morning!





My best friend loves me :) she sends me and my companions treats!! (Shannon <3)

Navy! Kate's youngest son. He came up to me and said "hey! Sister Heinzlmurr.. i'm a moose!!!!!!" hahahah oh i love him!!! 





 Kate is the best at throwing parties!! so much goodness on one table! 
And this is where she was baptized.  So beautiful!








No comments:

Post a Comment